Ensuring suitable site surveys and investigations are undertaken with the correct techniques to suit the site and proposed works is vital in promoting the success of the project.
The purpose of site surveys and investigations is to gather sufficient information of the existing site and utilising this gathered information throughout the lifecycle of the project, with some key elements of the project being:
- To ensure the most economical, feasible, and safest design is developed for the scheme;
- To ensure existing site information is made available to aid in planning of the works to promote the success of the project;
- To ensure all existing site information that introduces a risk to the project in terms of commercial, build ability and health and safety, is considered at the earliest stage allowing mitigation methods to be introduced to minimise the likelihood of the known risks occurring.
At SWIFT RAIL SERVICES we provide numerous multi-disciplined site surveys and investigations to suit any project within the building, civil, rail and maritime sectors, with the surveys and investigations planned and supervised by competent staff holding the relevant competencies in accordance with the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015. Our staff are also experienced in planning and supervising site surveys and investigations within the railway environment.
The site surveys and investigations provided by SWIFT RAIL SERVICES are as below:
- Desktop Utility searches;
- Unexploded ordnance risk assessment and detailed report;
- Road Restraint Risk Assessment Process (RRRAP);
- Dilapidation and conditional surveys;
- Ecological Survey,
- Topographical Survey and building survey;
- Utilities Electromagnetic and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Survey;
- Drainage visual and CCTV Survey;
- Ground Investigations – Boreholes, water table logging, Waste classification, gas monitoring, geophysical and geotechnical testing, CBR, infiltration testing;
- Structural surveys – Visual, Non-disruptive (Inc. GPR) and intrusive;
- M&E Conditional and Load monitoring;
- Lux level survey
- Flood Risk Assessments
The above list is not exhaustive.
At Swift Rail Services we have a vast experience of providing the numerous surveys and investigations to varying sectors, with a few named Clients being:
- Network Rail
- London Overground
- Transport for London (TFL)
- MTR Crossrail
- Southeastern Railways
- Southern Trains
- Surrey County Council
- South West Trains
- Chiltern Railways
- Port of Ramsgate
- Kent County Council
- Various Contractors
Where work scopes and methodologies change throughout the project, a need for having additional surveys and investigations after the scheme has commenced is a common occurrence, with temporary works being a large reason for additional surveys and investigations. However, these surveys and investigations require a more reactive response to minimise impact on the programme of works. SWIFT RAIL SERVICES are experienced at responding to reactive works while ensuring minimal disruption to planned works.
We offer a one stop multi-disciplined service for all your project survey needs. Our Key staff hold numerous qualifications which in Include CSCS, SMSTS, SSSTS, PTS, TWC, TWS, PASMA and appropriate 1st Aid Training.